As Europe pushes forward on building a 2020 Gigabit Society, it's necessary to stop and take measure of the state of connectivity today to map tomorrow’'s meaningful path to progress. In this report Pam Baker looks at the state of broadband in Europe now and the opportunities that lie before it.
The digitalization of everything, from commerce and government services to each aspect of daily life, requires increasingly efficient and reliable connectivity for every entity in Europe, be that an organization, a community or an individual.
BROADBAND WORLD FORUM: New perspectives. New connections. New location. See you in Berlin.
This is, of course, the driving force behind the 2020 Gigabit Society movement, wherein citizens and businesses would have widespread and continuous 1Gbit/s connectivity. While the goal of ubiquitous broadband remains an aspiration, progress towards that destination is undeniable. Further, it's gaining momentum and opening new opportunities in its wake.
Find out more by download the full report now Market Report: Broadband in Europe
Still not convinced? Market Report: Broadband in Europe covers the following topics
- General market trends by country:
- Which has the highest speeds?
- What technology is each looking to invest in?
- What does the business landscape look like?
- Opportunities for vendors
- Government and regulation activity to address the digital divide in Europe
- What does all of the above look like in the framework of the push towards the 2020 Gigabit Society
Download the full report now
— Pam Baker is freelance technology and business writer. Follow her on Twitter @Bakercom1