Atlantic Broadband launches 'WiFi Your Way' home Wi-Fi solution
QUINCY, Mass. – Atlantic Broadband, the eighth-largest cable operator in the U.S., today announced that it has launched WiFi Your Way, a best-in-class managed home WiFi solution powered by Plume HomePass that will provide expanded WiFi coverage with enhanced reliability and superfast speed in every area of the home.
The new service, which uses Plume's cloud-based artificial intelligence (AI) technology and is accessed via the WiFi Your Way App, features:
- Adapt continually learns and self-optimizes proactively to deliver greater speed and coverage throughout the home.
- Control provides intuitive tools for personalization, allowing the user to set guest and child access controls (including age-appropriate content filters).
- Speed Test capabilities are built-in so customers can easily monitor internet speed and performance.
- Guard provides best-in-class online security powered by AI that detects and protects in real time. The system halts suspicious activity, blocks ad and malware and quarantines any compromised devices.
- Sense uses WiFi-connected devices to provide whole-home motion awareness in real time for peace of mind and among many use-cases, provides alerts if there is motion when a customer is out of the home.
The WiFi Your Way App (for iOS and Android devices) guides customers through an easy self-installation of SuperPods, which plug into a wall outlet to provide superfast whole-home coverage. The SuperPods work with any Atlantic Broadband gateway or modem. Customers lease the SuperPods rather than purchase them, keeping upfront costs down for customers.